Recently, Tecno has become an increasingly successful company. What started as a local business targeting developing countries in Africa has grown rapidly and continues to expand into new markets. The Camon range remains one of the company's flagship products. As the Phantom device is now a fork, Camon's phone can be said to represent the flagship offering in the entire techno-budget portfolio.
The Camon series offers large screens and batteries, good cameras and excellent performance at a low price. The Camon 20 Premier 5G is no different. The Premier model, as the name suggests, represents Camo's best offering.
A brief description of the technical features of the Techno Camon 20 Premier:
- Box: 161.9x74.3x7.8mm, 203g; Glass front, leather back.
- Display: 6.67" AMOLED, 120Hz, 1080x2400 resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 395 ppi; always on.
- Chipset: Mediatek Dimensity 8050 (6nm): 8 cores (1x3.0GHz Cortex-A78, 3x2.6GHz Cortex-A78 and 4x2.0GHz Cortex-A55); Mali-G77 MC9.
- Memory: 512 GB 8 GB RAM.
- OS/Software: Android 13, HIOS 13.
- Rear Camera : Wide (main): 50 MP, f/1.8, 23mm, 1/1.56”, 1.0 μm, PDAF, Laser AF, OIS with sensor switching, Ultra Wide : 108MP, f/2.2, 13mm, 115 degrees, PDAF, depth : 2MP, f/2.4.
- Front camera : 32 MP, f/2.5, 24 mm (width), 1/2.8”, 0.8 µm
- Rear camera video recording : 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps, HDR; Front camera : 1080p@30fps.
- Battery: 5000mAh; 45W cable.
- Connectivity: 5G; Two SIM cards: Wi-Fi 5; BT5.2; NFC FM radio.
- Others: Fingerprint scanner (under the screen, optical); Stereo speaker.
The Camon 20 Premier is great value, especially with the camera. The main camera has a large 50-megapixel sensor, laser autofocus and three-axis optical sensor-shift image stabilization - features you don't see every day, especially on budget phones. But the wide angle camera is probably more interesting. It uses a great 108MP sensor and has autofocus that can be used as a macro shot. This is a very interesting camera. The Camon 20 Prime does not spare selfies, thanks to its large 32 MP module on the front with dual LED flash.
And the impressive hardware isn't limited to the camera. The Camon 20 Premier has a large 6.67-inch 120 Hz AMOLED display. The stereo speaker setup also impresses. Also, a large 5000mAh battery with 45W fast charging. The phone also features a modern MediaTek Dimensity 8050 chipset, which we were excited to see and test.
All in all, the Camon 20 Premier looks very promising on paper.
Tecno has a great track record when it comes to accessories. We're happy to report that the Camon 20 Premier is no different. It comes in a standard two-part case that is tough enough to protect the phone and has an extra plastic tray inside for the device.
When it comes to accessories, it doesn't get any better than this. The Camon 20 Premier comes with a 45W Tecno charger and a USB A/Type-C cable. There's also a good USB headset in the box with a built-in microphone. Since the phone does not have a 3.5mm connector, it is a Type-C.
Tecno has also added a quality case for this phone. Made of clear/matte material and soft but hard rubber on the back. We really couldn't have asked for more boxes.